I prefer frittata to omelette, but as the grill is broken I need to make a thin-ish omelette for lunch instead.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp each freshly chopped chives and parsley
- some veg
- some grated cheese
- half an onion
- Prepare & cook the veg
- Put the olive oil in a 15cm omelette pan over a medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion
- When the onion is soft, add the veg
- Beat together the eggs, milk and herbs in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Tip the mixture into the pan, swirling to coat the pan evenly.
- As the mixture begins to set, gradually push the runny edges of the omelette into the centre of the pan using a spatula.
- Continue to cook until almost set
- sprinkle the grated cheese on top.