- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 2 large onions , chopped
- 3 tbsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tins black beans , rinsed and drained
- a few, or one, of the following to serve: crumbled feta cheese , chopped spring onions, sliced radishes, avocado chunks, soured cream
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and fry the garlic and onions for 5 mins until almost softened. Add the pimenton and cumin, cook for a few mins, then add the vinegar, sugar, tomatoes and some seasoning. Cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the beans and cook for another 10 mins. Serve with rice and the accompaniments of your choice in small bowls.
DH made this, he said it was easy & it was very tasty