by HowToLookGoodGlaikit on a conversation on mumsnet
- 200g bag spinach leaves
- 175g jar sundried tomatoes in oil
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
- 2 eggs
- ½ 250g pack filo pastry
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Put the spinach into a large pan. Pour over a couple tbsp water, then cook until just wilted. Tip into a sieve, leave to cool a little, then squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and put into a bowl along with the spinach, feta and eggs. Mix well.
- Carefully unroll the filo pastry. Cover with some damp sheets of kitchen paper to stop it drying out. Take a sheet of pastry and brush liberally with some of the sundried tomato oil. Drape oil-side down in a 22cm loose bottomed cake tin so that some of the pastry hangs over the side. Brush oil on another piece of pastry and place in the tin, just a little further round. Keep placing the pastry pieces in the tin until you have roughly three layers, then spoon over the filling.
- Pull the sides into the middle, scrunch up and make sure the filling is covered. Brush with a little more oil.
- Cook the pie for 30 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown. Remove from the cake tin, slice into wedges and serve with salad.
This was very tasty, however the egg fell out, so my pie looked like it had an eggy “halo”! – not sure why? I used 4 sheets of filo… Next time I’ll have to try putting the sheets of pasty more off-centre as they only just met in the middle.