A risotto you don’t have to stir? Surely this is too good to be true?
original (meaty) recipe here
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 150g quorn chunks
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g risotto rice
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 500ml hot veg stock
- pinch of saffron strands
- Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7. Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle over the red onion, garlic and olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Stir in the rice, rosemary, veg stock, saffron and some salt and pepper, mixing well together. Return to the over for a further 20 minutes.
- Stir and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender.
wow – this was lovely & soooo easy! will definitely be making this again and attempting to convert any other risotto recipes I have to be done in the oven!