This was delicious! DD1 was eating the mix while making the patties!
I only put 0.25 tsp paprika in, will have to put more in next time.
- 1 tin black beans
- 0.5 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 tsp dry thyme
- 0.5 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 slices bread made into breadcrumbs (wheat-free bread if necessary!)
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- cook the quinoa
- warm the beans
- mash the beans
- Stir in oil and soy sauce, then add quinoa, thyme, basil, and paprika. season. The mixture should be thick and slightly sticky.
- Lightly oil a tray (or line with tin-foil)
- Roll the black-eyed pea mixture into balls and flatten slightly, then coat with bread crumbs and put on tray
- Bake 10 minutes, turn each croquette, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with salad & some dip like
- mushroom sauce
- squash sauce (topped with walnuts and fried sage)
- tomato sauce
- sour cream & chive