mmmmm…. banana bread 🙂
* 225g self-raising flour
* 225g caster sugar
* 100g soft margarine
* 3 eggs
* 450g ripe bananas
* 1 tsp orange rind grated (optional)
* 175g raisins or sultanas (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350f,180c or gas 4. Butter or line with baking parchment an 18cm cake tin or 1kg loaf tin.
2. Put flour, sugar, margarine and eggs into a mixing bowl.Beat with wooden spoon or whisk until well mixed. Do not over mix.
3. Peel the bananas and mash. Stir into flour mixture with the orange rind and fruit if using.
4. Put into prepared tin, and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours. If necessary cover with foil to prevent burning. Test with a skewer to see if the cake is done. Turn out onto wire rack to cool a little before cutting.
5. Stores well for 2-3 days or longer, sealed, in the fridge.