This is another recipe from the Quorn kitchen, although we’re not that keen on Quorn sausages & ususally use Cauldron or Tesco’s instead. It really is very tasty & everyone loves it. I was very pleased when I worked out how to make it in the slow cooker too! Ingredients
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- approx 6 of your favourite sausages
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 100g sweetcorn
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 100ml apple juice (or sherry)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of cannellini beans, drained
- 150ml vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- mashed potatoes
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry the sausages for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool then slice diagonally into 5 pieces.
- Fry the onions and garlic in the remaining oil until soft, then throw in the peppers and continue frying. A little water or extra stock will prevent sticking, if needed.
- Stir in the sweetcorn, paprika and chilli powder and cook for a few more minutes before adding the sherry or apple juice.
- Pour in the tomatoes, beans and stock and return the Sausages to the pan. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes before sprinkling with parsley.
Method 2 (slow cooker)
- the night before, all the veg & put in the slow cooker with the tomatoes, beans, sweetcorn, apple juice, spices & stock powder in the slow cooker on low
- in the morning, fry the sausage, slice & add to the slow cooker