I prefer these to the usual pancakes, & so does DD. DH disagrees, but is out-numbered, and thankfully doesn’t put up too much of a fight when I present him with a pile of these!
The original recipe says to put whole blueberries in the pancakes, but DD was never very keen on that, so instead I heat & puree the blueberries & we have the sauce for dipping instead.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- knob butter
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 2 bananas sliced
- maple syrup
- sunflower oil or a little butter for cooking
- wash the blueberries & put into a pan with about a tablespoon of water
- heat gently for about 5 mins
- Put the flour, baking powder and half a pinch of salt into the big blender.
- measure out the milk, add the egg to it & mix
- add the milk to the flour bit by bit to make a thick smooth batter
- add the melted butter
- take the blueberries off the heat & put into the small blender – wizz up until you’ve got a nice blueberry sauce.
- heat some oil in the frying pan, drop a few large tablespoons of the batter into the pan to make pancakes about 7.5cm across. Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes until golden.
- If you can, make them all up first (keeping them warm either in the oven or under some kitchen roll)
- Serve with the blueberry sauce, some sliced banana, maple syrup & lots of kitchen roll for clearing up the blueberry mess 🙂