From the back of a packet of Cauldron Tofu
· juice of 2 limes
· juice of 1 lemon
· 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
· 5 tbsp soy sauce
· 2 tbsp brown sugar
· 1 pkt cauldron Organic Tofu, drained
· 1 tbsp oil
· 1 cucumber chopped into thin 5cm long strips
· 1 red pepper chopped into thin 5 cm long strips
· 80g mange tout, finely sliced diagonally
· 3-4 spring onions, finely sliced diagonally
· 150g beaneprouts, washed
· 50g dry roasted peanuts, crushed
· Handful of fresh coriander loaves
· Make up the dressing/marinade by mixing all its ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
· Drain the tofu and cut the block is half and then slice each block through on its horizontal line leaving 4 “steaks”. Place tofu in a flat dish. Pour over about 1/4 of the marinade and leave for 20 mins.
· Heat the oil in a pan over a medium setting and gently place the slices of tofu is it . Fry until brows and the edges start to crisp up. Remove from the pan and leave to cool. Once cool, slice into 1/4 inch strips.
· In a large bowl mix together the cucumber red popper, mange tout, spring onions, bean sprouts, crushed roasted peanuts, sliced marinated tofu and coriander. Pour over the remaining dressing and gently toss to coat all ingredients. Serve.