These are delicious. From http://www.annabelkarmel.com
· 100g broccoli cut into small florets
· 15g butter
· 200g button mushrooms, roughly chopped
· 1 clove garlic, crushed
· 1 X 285g firm tofu
· 100g unsalted cashew nuts
· 3 spring onions, finely sliced
· 1 medium carrot, finely grated
· 100g fresh breadcrumbs
· 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
· 1 tbsp honey
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
· flour for coating
· vegetable oil for frying
- chunky chips
- burger buns
- Blanch the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water until tender (2 to 3 minutes).
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the mushroom and garlic until softened (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Transfer to a food processor with the broccoli and all of the other burger ingredients. Process until mixed, and season with salt and pepper.
- Form into 8 burgers, coat in flour and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on each side over a medium heat until golden.
AK says these are suitable for freezing, but we’ve never had any left over to try this out!