From the back of a packet of Cauldron Tofu
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 large onion, finely chopped
· 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & crushed
· 2 Kg (approx. 2) large butternut squash, deseeded, peeled & diced
· 1.5 tsp cumin powder
· 1 tsp coriander powder
· 0.5 tsp ground nutmeg
· 1/4 tsp chili powder
· 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
· 3 vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1 litre of hot water
· 1 pkt cauldron Organic Tofu, drained
· Salt & pepper to taste
· Parsley & chives, freshly chopped
· Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Gently cook over a low heat until the onion has softened.
· Add the diced sguash, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, chilli, thyme and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
· Bland the tofu in a food processor until smooth and set aside.
· Once the soup has simmered for 15 mins cool slightly. Liquidise and return to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste Whisk is the blended tofu using a balloon whisk adding a tablespoon at a time, and gently re-heat. Adjust the salt and pepper again if necessary.
· Serve with lots of freshly chopped parsley and chives.