These are great – quick & easy to make (you can prep the mix up & leave in the fridge) – and if you do have any left you can freeze them & just pop them in the microwave to reheat – not as nice as from fresh, but an easy quick snack!
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 free range eggs
- 125ml milk
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 100g mature Vegetarian cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (dried are fine)
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
FOR THE SALSA DIP
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp organic tomato ketchup
- Mix the tomatoes and ketchup for the salsa dip in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, eggs and milk until smooth. Stir in the sweetcorn, cheese and chives. Season well.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add six spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan and flatten out slightly with the back of the spoon, keeping them separate. Cook for 1½ minutes over a medium heat until golden. Turn and cook the other side, then remove from the pan and keep warm while you make six more corn cakes with the remaining oil and mixture. Serve with the salsa dip.