I think I love anything made with sweet potatoes!
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 tin Kidney Beans
1lb Sweet Potatoes
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
4oz Packet Frozen Sweetcorn
3 Cloves Garlic
1 small fresh green or red Chilli
1 large Onion
1 Cup Orange Juice
2oz Packet Creamed Coconut
1 Heaped Tablespoon Peanut Butter
Dash Spanish Paprika
Dash Cayenne Pepper
Handful Fresh Parsley
2 Tablespoons Sunflower Oil
Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper
· Wash and peel the potatoes, dice into roughly one inch pieces and then cook in a pan until they are only just done.
· Peel and roughly chop the onion and cook in the sunflower oil in a large heavy bottomed pan, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
· Cut the chilli in half lengthways and, unless you like hot food remove the seeds, peel the garlic and blend it and the chilli together using a little sunflower oil if necessary. If you have not got a blender finely chop the chilli and garlic. In any event add the chilli and garlic to the onions and continue to cook over a moderate heat.
· Wash and roughly chop the peppers and, once the onions have cooked to softness, add them to the pan along with the paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Stir all together and allow to cook slowly.
· Roughly chop the coconut, and add to the pan, along with the peanut butter and orange juice (they will melt in eventually)
· Once the sauce in the pan has got back to the simmer add the Sweetcorn and leave to cook.
· Wash the parsley and chop it finely.
· When the sweetcorn and other ingredients are cooked add the cooked potatoes, beans, chopped parsley and stir everything together, adding a little water if necessary. The result should be stew with quite a thick consistency and a hint of chilli.