DH did double this last night to make a huge batch to stock up the freezer. We’re still putting less chilli powder in than they suggest while we get DD used to it.
300g pack of Quorn Mince
1 tbsp oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
0.25 tsp chilli powder (recipe suggests 1 tsp)
0.5 tsp ground cumin
2 bay leaves
300ml veg stock
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g can kidney beans, drained
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft & light golden brown. Add Quorn mince, spices & bay leaves, fry for 3 mins.
- Add tomatoes, stock and green pepper & bring to the boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the kidney beans & cook for 5mins
- mix the cornflour with the water to a smooth paste. stir into the quorn chili to thicken. Cook for another 5 mins.
- remove bay leaves & serve with rice or baked potatoes.