Yet another BBC Good Food recipe
* 85g unsalted butter
* 1 tbsp each chopped parsley , mint and chives
* some frozen peas
* 1 large carrot
* 1 courgettes
* some green beans
* 100g tagliatelle
* splash of olive oil
* finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
* dried basil
- Put the kettle on to boil
- Gently melt the butter with the parsley, chives and mint and set aside in a warm place. Prepare all the vegetables.
- Put the boiling water in the steamer.
- put the carrots & courgette in the steamer.
- after 5 mins put the rest of the veg in the steamer & put the pasta in the base of the steamer.
- After another 5 mins, drain the pasta & return it to the pan mixing it with a splash of olive oil, half the butter & herbs and the lemon zest and juice. Spoon onto serving plates.
- put the veg in the pan & mix them with the rest of the butter & herbs. Put the veg on top of the pasta
This was ok – it certainly made a change from our usual pasta with carrots & brocolli, although DD didn’t like the courgette & eyed up the green beans very suspiciously.
I think i might miss out the butter next time & just use olive oil, and wouldn’t bother to buy a pack of unwaxed lemons just so I could zest one for this. (I just happened to have one languishing in the bottom of the fruit bowl today)