mmmm… i don’t care that this is a recipe aimed at 6-9 month olds, DD & I *love* it
I make double the amount shown in AK’s recipe as then I can freeze half for another day.
250g leeks, (about 4 small ones) finely sliced
60g (2 sticks) celery, chopped
30g (1) red pepper, cored, de-seeded and chopped
120g red lentils
200g (2 medium) carrot, peeled and chopped
500g (3 medium) sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 bay leaf
15 fl oz vegetable stock or water
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the leeks for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, red pepper and carrot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, saute for one minute, then add the sweet potato and bay leaf and pour over the stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend to a puree if necessary (I don’t)
I was short of time making this today so started the lentils off straight away in some stock & added them to the rest of the veg once I’d prepared them.