This recipe looked & sounded too good to not try & I wasn’t disapointed!
It serves 4, so DH & I usually pop the other half in the freezer for an easy meal another day.
- 1 pack of tofu, dried & cut into cubes
- 2 Tbls oil
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 2 Tbls reduced salt soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled minced
- 2 heaped Tbls VEGETARIAN Thai red chili paste (read the label to check it doesn’t contain any fish!)
- 1 onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, chopped
- 1 small aubergine, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 carrot sliced
- Jasmine rice
- Dry the tofu (I do this by wrapping it in a clean, dry tea-towel)
- Heat oil in a large non stick pan over medium high heat.
- Take dried, pressed, tofu cubes, place tofu into pan & brown.
- While the tofu is cooking, stir coconut milk, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chili paste, into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Then add the browned tofu pieces to the slow cooker to coat them.
- Add vegetables to the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. This is done when the vegetables have reached desired tenderness.
- Serve with Jasmine rice.