do i really need to give a recipe for this?
I didn’t make enough mix to begin with, but below was enough for 2 adults & a toddler. We had them with sliced banana, maple syrup/golden syrup and pureed blueberries <yum>
- 200g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 600ml milk
- oil or melted butter, for frying
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre with the back of a spoon then break in the eggs and pour in half the milk. Whisk together, gradually incorporating the flour to make a smooth thick batter. Beat thoroughly to remove any lumps, then stir in the rest of the milk.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a medium frying pan, then tip off the excess into a bowl. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, tilting the pan as you pour, until the batter thinly coats the base. Cook over a moderate heat for 30 seconds to one minute until golden brown on the underside.
- Flip over the pancake with a palette knife, and cook the other side until it is golden brown. Slide the pancake out of the pan on to a plate, heat a little more oil or butter and cook the remaining pancakes one at a time in the same way.
- If preparing in advance, cook and stack the pancakes. Reheat in the microwave on Medium (750W) for about 2 minutes. Alternatively, heat the oven to 180C/gas 4/fan 160C. Wrap the pancakes in foil and warm them through in the oven for 10 minutes.