This is based on a YAWYE recipe. Really easy to make & very tasty. Last time we had this, I made it first thing in the morning & popped it into the slow cooker on low until lunch-time.
DD2(2) loves it, I haven’t given it to DD1 yet, but I’m sure she’ll like it.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 2 medium onions, peeled & sliced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (about 10g), roughly chopped
- about 10g fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder (I use mild when giving it to the kids)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 75g dried apricots, chopped
- 25g blanched almonds
- half an organic low-salt stock cube
- rice or couscous
- crunchy salad or lots of steamed green veg
- Put the oil, garlic, onions, herbs and spices in a large pan. Place over a medium heat & cook for 5 mins.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, then refil the empty tomato can with cold water & pour into the pan.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat & simmer for 25-30mins.