I must admit, the thought of baked pasta makes me turn my nose up, but I’ve found lots of good recipes on the BBC Good Food website, so thought I should give this one for “Crusty pasta & Broccoli bake” a go today.
- 100g penne
- 1 onion , roughly chopped
- small head broccoli , broken into small florets
- 3 small carrots, peeled & sliced
- 50g organic cream cheese
- 50g grated organic mature cheddar
- Fill the steamer with boiling water
- Put the pasta in the base & the broccoli and carrots in the top for 10mins
- Heat some oil in a pan & gently cook the onion until softened.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables reserving 50ml of the liquid
- Add the reserved water to the onion pan. Mix in the cream cheese and season to taste. Bring to the boil. Stir in the drained pasta, vegetables
- Heat the grill for 3 mins. Tip the pasta and vegetables into a shallow, ovenproof dish. scatter the cheese on top.
- Stand the dish on the base of a grill pan and grill for about 3 mins, turning if it starts to brown. Keep watching so the top doesn’t start to burn or the cheese will toughen. Remove and leave to stand for 5 mins before serving.