I can’t remember where I got this from, but it’s easy & yummy. nuf said.
- 1.2L hot veg stock
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch spring onions – thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 2.5cm ginger – chopped
- 375g risotto rice
- 6 lime leaves
- 250g fresh shitake mushrooms (or 50g dried)
- 15g coriander – chopped
- coriander sprigs to garnish
- Put stock, soy sauce & mirin into a pan & gently simmer
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil & the sesame oil – fry the spring onions, garlic & ginger over a high heat for 1 min. Add the rice & lime leaves, stir until grains are glossy then add 150ml stock – stir until liquid absorbed.
- Continue to add the stock a little at a time, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile – thinly slice all but a few of the mushrooms & fry in the remaining oil for 5mins until golden (dried may take longer)
- When almost all the stock is absorbed – add coriander, mushroom & remaining stock – heat through & serve with coriander sprigs.