I was just about to make our usual Falafel Burgers for tea, when I thought that I really should try cooking them in the oven one day instead of frying them. So I googled just to see if there was anything I should do differently & found this recipe, which looked perfect so I made it.
They were really easy to make, tasty & liked by everyone (I wasn’t able to take a photo until after the kids had had some!) – in fact, the only complaint was that there wasn’t enough, so next time I will be doubling this recipe to serve the four of us, with hopefully a few left over for my packed lunch!
- 1 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pitta bread
- minty yogurt (just mix lots of dried mint up in some plain yogurt and leave to stand)
- grated carrot
- Drizzle olive oil evenly in shallow baking dish, put in the oven & preheat oven to 150C/350F.
- While oven is preheating, blitz the chickpeas in food processor. Add onions and garlic and blend.
- Add remaining ingredients to make a thick paste-like consistency.
- Shape into balls and place in the preheated baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
Like this? How about: