I thought this soup looked very tasty, and with lentils, chickpeas & quinoa in it, it must be hearty & wholesome!
I missed out the chilli sauce as I was making it for the kids, and DD1 (4.5) can be a bit fussy about anything too spicy, but it was still very tasty. Thankfully, the kids both loved it too, so we’ll definitely be having this one again.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or 1 tablespoon garam masala + 1 teaspoon turmeric)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 700ml low salt stock
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 0.25 cup dried quinoa
- fresh coriander (chopped)
- Greek style yogurt
- Cook the quinoa as directed.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery and saute until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the lentils, stock, tomatoes and chili sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and quinoa and warm them up.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a garnish of cilantro and a dollop of Greek style yogurt.
Like this? How about: