Make this. No arguing – just make this now and you could be eating it for breakfast tomorrow. It took me over a week to get round to making it & I am cursing myself for wasting those days when I could have been EATING this instead of my boring old cereal.
This recipe is from Emily who is the same lady who brought refrigerator oats into my life. It was really easy to make, but the smell coming from the kitchen for the last five minutes of cooking was almost unbearably good. The edges did get slightly over-done, so I chopped them off & DH and I ate them there & then.
TBH I wasn’t sure how well this was going to go down at breakfast the next day, so I crumbled half & chopped the other half into flapjack squares, but I needn’t have worried, everyone loved it & we ate the whole lot between us (2 adults + 2
greedy small children)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 0.75 cup ground flax meal
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 0.25 cup oil (canola, coconut, safflower)
- 0.5 cup honey
- 0.25 cup peanut butter (chunky)
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- milk &/or a sliced banana
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix together.
- Spread evenly on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges (& you can bear the delicious smell no more)
- Let cool completely
- Break into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Try not to eat it all before it’s time to serve.